Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Manager
We are recruiting for this position and looking for a passionate and skilled person to join our team. For more details, send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Chief Executive
Hours and base location: Four days per week. Lightwater, Surrey.
Fredericks Foundation is a microfinance charity. The Charity has ambitious plans to increase its loan volumes, while adhering to its ethos as a responsible lender. The Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Manager will enable Fredericks to achieve this by developing philanthropic relationships that lead to funds being raised for the charities work and delivering marketing campaigns to attract customers.
The role holder will be responsible for all communications to donors, supporters, customers and stakeholders both physical and digital. They will be responsible for high profile events, marketing and PR and will coordinate a supportive team of colleagues and volunteers to enable this.
As an additional responsibility, the post holder will be responsible for generating marketing and communications materials for finding potential new borrowers/customers for Fredericks through various media.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Coordinate fundraising committee
- Manage 1% club and Corporate relationships
- HNW and supper club’s communications and management
- Research and write grant applications and Bid writing
- Promote CITR
- Manage EBay Donations
- Promote Give As You Live
- Develop other potential income streams (crowdfunding, Charitable etc.)
Marketing and Communications
- Manage marketing material portfolio
- Manage Social media accounts and content and targeted adverts
- Produce Quarterly newsletter
- Manage and deliver targeted DM campaigns e.g. volunteers, donors, partners, mentors
- Work with volunteer coordinator to send out monthly emails to update mentors and volunteers
- Send out information on upcoming events and fundraisers
- Manage specific marketing campaigns targeting areas i.e. Women, Bristol and Bath
- Write up case studies when needed from the client feedback form
- Keep website up to date
- Add relevant content and remove out of date pieces to keep it fresh
- Manage any potential add-ons to the website, for example a volunteer management site
- Develop, organise and run appropriate events based on the following outcomes – fundraising, raising profile, building relationships. Examples could be gala dinners, supper clubs, auctions, sports days (golf), corporate days.
- Budget the event, research resources needed, create invite list, manage invites (eventbrite etc.), run the event, post-event follow up.
- Any other duties as required
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist the jobholder to understand the duties and responsibilities of the role, it is not exhaustive. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and per the needs of the charity.
Experience and Competencies
- Educated to degree level
- At least 3 years’ experience in a marketing / comms / fundraising environment
- Experience of Event management
- Able to evaluate and assess the feasibility of a business proposition and make recommendations and decisions therein